Genuine fire opal cabochon necklace made with a unique bail and the best large black opal cabochon measuring 10x8mm or 11x9mm in AAA+/AAAA quality grade.
This listing was originally created for this as a unique piece, but I decided to list again to see if there is an appeal to this design. is for the opal pictured which is given as an example, but you can suggest your own choice of a gemstone, a bead or something else you think will look good.
The Black opal is natural, earth mined, solid, colors non enhanced and with very large range of colors throughout and great looking fire with plenty of red , which is a value enhancing color for any black opal.
The setting is solid 925 sterling silver with rhodium plated finish and some oxidation to create this unique aged look with the Victorian inspired design of the necklace. The chain is also 925 sterling silver plated with white gold/rhodium (most likely as I am moving towards rhodium plated chains and settings, but I still have some “naked” sterling silver pieces, so if you prefer rhodium only you can leave me a message, so I will not use any non rhodium silver).
The fire is excellent with a lot of shades of rainbow being visible over the dark base tone. As any other black opal, it shows its beauty much better under more intense lighting or under direct light source - with the black opals subtle discovery of the depth of each stone’s unique personality takes time to appear in full glory during movement: stationary colors are not all there is to see and appreciate.
Not everything is right there on the surface - the new layers of color in your opal will continue to surprise you as you wear it in different environments offering different light setting.
You can find more information on this subject in my blog articles and in the opal photography section that explains why opals never look the same:)
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
- If you are dissatisfied with your item due to my negligence, forgetfulness, oversight or confusion I GUARANTEE YOUR MONEY BACK IN CASE I MADE A MISTAKE WITH YOUR ORDER. Just let me know what happened, make sure the item is UNWORN, in its original condition, WITH A SIGNATURE TAG STILL ATTACHED and provide photos or description of the problem, and I WILL REIMBURSE YOU OR WILL PROVIDE A FREE EXCHANGE or REPAIR.
For gold jewelry I can only provide a sufficient repair to correct the issue. Gold jewelry is not refundable unless the item is significantly damaged and it is my direct fault.
Earrings and custom orders are non refundable. Earrings fall under the category of personal items and can't be returned for hygienic reasons.
I set the MAXIMUM processing time of 3-4 weeks but the exact time required to fulfill an order varies greatly depending on a combination of multiple factors both objective and personal.
▪️Processing time is different from the delivery time, which is specified for every shipping method. Upgrading your shipping method to Express does not change the processing time, so if you need your order ASAP, you will have to contact me with a request to expedite your order and make sure that I have received your request and confirmed that I will be able to make your order by the required deadline
▪️I WILL DO MY BEST TO SHIP ALL ORDERS AS SOON AS I CAN, BUT IT IS BUYER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO TIMELY PROVIDE THE NECESSARY INFORMATION REGARDING ANY DEADLINES
Opal jewelry is EXTREMELY FRAGILE and cannot come in touch with any liquid including water.
Please make sure you DO NOT EXPOSE YOUR OPAL JEWELRY TO WATER!
- Do not wash hands, take shower, do strenuous activity, run errands, clean the house or exercise with opals still on.
- Take off before bed and clean and buff the metal parts regularly to avoid using chemical cleaners.
- Micro paved Jewelry cannot be placed into an ultrasonic Jewelry cleaner due to the shaking, which might cause the tiny stones to fall out.
-Jewelry damaged due to not following the care instructions IS A FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER AND CANNOT BE RETURNED, EXCHANGED OR REIMBURSED.
-“care tips” card is provided with your order.
- YOUR JEWELRY WILL AND SHOULD LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THE LISTING PHOTOS EVEN IF THE PHOTOS ARE TAKEN OF THE ACTUAL OPAL
- The truth about this gemstone is that its uniqueness, its ever changing play of color, its brilliance, color intensity or fire pattern cannot be captured on a still image. A natural fire opal can look green on one photograph and red on the other with every subtle change in light angle or its intensity.
- There is a SIGNIFICANT amount of attenuation present when you look at an opal under natural daylight compared to its artificially exaggerated brilliance seen under the artificial indoor light;
- it is NORMAL for opals to change their appearance, so please keep this in mind that even the same opal NEVER LOOKS THE SAME!
I use only high quality precious metals and natural gemstones in creating my jewelry. The quality standard for this shop is set to be especially high.
I use my best quality stones for creating items offered at this shop, so each and every item is not only made to order but is typically made with perfect or nearly perfect gemstones, with excellent time consuming level of craftsmanship seen in each unique design.
▪️I do not use stock photos for a reason: I design everything myself, and take my own photos of the items upon completion of the item so you can be sure that the jewelry sold through this store is going to look exactly as pictured with the exception of gemstones, which are all unique and will never look the same.
Apr 4, 2022
Lovely craftsmanship. The stones are absolutely breath taking. Excellent customer service!
Mar 5, 2022
Dec 22, 2021
Beautiful piece with a gorgeous opal. I'm sure my gf is going to love it. Fast shipping too. Thank you
Oct 31, 2021
Once again I have a beautiful stone. Both my ring and necklace have gorgeous stones. They always draw attention. I love jewelry from this shop.